Happy Wednesday Y’all! You guys seemed to love the 30 minute treadmill workout so, I’m throwing another cardio type workout at ya today. I’ve done this on both on the treadmill and outside, just need a watch or something to keep time with!
Before we get going – I’ve gotten tons of questions about the watch I use. I have a Garmin Fenix 5S, which is a GREAT multi-sport watch. It can track all your running, biking and swimming stats (even lap swimming in a pool). I LOVE IT. However, there are some other options that are less expensive and will track all of the running stats you could ever need. The Garmin Forerunner 235 and the Vivoactive are both great options for runners. I love how the Vivoactive is a cute everyday watch too!
Now onto the good stuff….
- 5 minute warm up – This is a jog for me, but can definitely be a walk if need be just start getting your legs going!
- 3 min RUN – time to pick up the pace to something that feels slightly less than comfortable. The first round may be a little slower as you continue to warm up!
- 1 min JOG – drop back down to about the pace you were warming up with. This should be an active recovery, slowing your heart rate down, but still moving!
- 1 min WALKING LUNGE – get ready for the BURN!
- 3 min RUN
- 1 min WALK
- 1 min WALKING SIDE SQUAT (left)
- 3 min RUN
- 1 min JOG
- 1 min WALKING SIDE SQUAT (right)
Repeat Rounds 1-3 but continue to alternate the 1 min jog and 1 min walk. So the WALK/JOG portion of the next 3 rounds will be 1 min WALK, 1 min JOG & 1 min WALK. This will make a total of 6 rounds making it a 35 min workout!
As always, Please note: I am not a trainer or a doctor. I am simply sharing what I enjoy and have found to be effective for me. Always take things at your own pace and please use your best judgement when trying new types of exercises. Stop and/or see a Dr. if you feel something is not right.
Hope you guys enjoy this one! Be sure to message me or tag me in your photos to let me know what you think! Love hearing yalls feedback!