Happy Monday Y’all! I’ve done several Q&A things on IG, but never get to all of the questions and answers always have to be super short and sweet so I figured the blog would be a good way to answer a few more and go more in depth on some! SO! A couple weeks ago you guys submitted questions on IG and I’m answering them here!
- Do you ever wish the camera wasn’t on and filming?
- Yes, for sure! Thankful for the freedom that we have to just turn it off when we need to breathe.
- What was your life like before YouTube/How has it changed/How do you handle it?
- Life is for sure different than what we imagined it would be before all this started. Before YouTube became a big part of our lives, Matt was working full time at the clinic and I was at home trying to survive having 3 babies in 3.5 years. I am a planner and like to know exactly how things will go, where we will be, etc… And that is just pretty much impossible with what we do. Five years ago, we couldn’t have planned/guessed/imagined what life would be like today…and I have no idea what life will look like in another 5 years. That has been a HUGE learning curve and lesson for me, but I am learning to live in the NOW and not worry about what we can’t control because God’s got all that covered. We love the freedom/flexibilty it has given us to make our own schedules and love that a lot of times we can include the kids in our day-to-day!
- When are you going to start your own channel?
- I get this question ALL THE TIME. Proobbaabbllyyy not going to happen. First of all, I can’t talk to a camera nearly as well as Matt can. Secondly, I think we all get enough camera time as is. 🙂
- Do you like working with Matt?
- He’s the worst. JK. We work really well together! Matt is the creative/content creating mind that keeps life moving a million miles an hour and makes sure that we’re always laughing and I’m the logical one that *attempts* to keep things running smoothly. Lol
- How do you stay grounded?
- We’re just a normal family and want to stay a normal family… School parties, car pool, soccer practice, dance classes, making sure homework gets done, etc. We sit down and eat dinner together and tuck the kids into bed together *almost* every night. We get to do some pretty cool stuff mixed into all that because of our jobs, but at the end of the day our family/kids are #1. 🙂
- How old are yall?
- When did Matt propose?
- We took a trip to San Diego right after my 21st birthday and he proposed on that trip!
- How long have you been married?
- 11 years this month!
- Do you go to church?
- Absolutely!! We love our Sunday mornings worshiping with our family, friends and church family.
- Favorite Bible Verse?
- I feel like this changes depending on where we are/what is happening in life.. But one that I always go back to is Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to proper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” This verse isn’t meant to assure us that everything is will be sunshine and roses all the time or that whatever trials we face will come to a swift end…But to assure us that even in the midst of pain, suffering or uncertainty, we can find hope, joy and perseverance. The LORD does have a plan for all of us – it may not look like what we plan for ourselves, but his plan is good and perfect.
- Parenting Advice?
- Guys, we are winging it… and I feel so unqualified to answer this question. LoL. Some days I feel like I have it all figured out and other days I feel like I’m totally failing… Like when I lost my flipping mind the other day trying to pack all of us and our whole dang house for the beach and the kids were running around like maniacs not listening and DEFINITELY not helping. Rather than “advice” I’ll just share a couple things we try to focus on in our house? We TRY to teach them to be loving and kind – love and be kind even when you don’t feel like it or don’t feel like someone deserves it. (Totally failed on that one in that above example of loosing my mind…Key word was try, people…). We also try to teach our kids independence and responsibility… kids are way more capable than we give them credit for sometimes! Now…Y’all got any parenting advice for me?!
- What was it like having the kids so close together?
- Uh, crazy hard. (Y’all wanted real answers, right?!) Like I was pretty sure Matt was going to check me into an institution at some points… There were times I wished they weren’t so close together so that I could “enjoy” their baby stage. But we made the most of it, we all survived (somehow) and now we LOVEEE how close they are – it really makes life in this stage that we’re in so much fun.
- How do you stay motivated to workout?
- I’m definitely not always “motivated.” A lot of times the last thing I want to do is workout. I’d rather eat cupcakes and shop online… BUT it’s important to me to try to stay healthy and active, not only for myself, but for my kids too! I want them to learn a healthly/active lifestyle AND I want to still be active and able to keep up with them as they get older! I want to see my grandkids hike up a mountain someday!
- What is your workout routine?
- I don’t have a set routine, but I have shared some of my workouts here! I will try to get some more posted soon…But… summer with 3 kids. Ha!
- Are you still running?
- A little, but not consistently right now! Enjoying a break from distance training!
- What do you recommend to new runners/How do you start?
- Running is something that takes time to build up to…If you are new to running, please be patient with it! I recommend starting with a walk/run schedule. You can find tons of these online, but for example, you may start by walking 2 minutes then running for 30 seconds for a total of 20-25 minutes. Gradually decrease your walk time and increase your run time!
- Favorite Running Shoe
- I have been wearing Asics Gel Kayanos for a while now! I really like them!! Currently debating whether I want to buy another pair to branch out! I let you know if I find another pair I like as much as my Asics!
- Running Watch
Ok, that got super long! I saved some other questions that I will answer on another post sometime if y’all liked the style of this one. Hope everyone has a great week!