Happy Wednesday Everyone! Christmas season is in full swing and I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as we are! With just 2 weeks left, we are trying to slow down a little, avoid the hustle and bustle and really focus on spending time with family and friends and celebrating Jesus! For me, this means finishing up Christmas shopping ONLINE! Lol.
As I was thinking about this Cabo recap I decided to put together a little gift guide for the travel junkie in your life! I love to travel and I think these would make great gifts for people that are on the go frequently or that have a big trip coming up! All of these are available in Amazon Prime! (hello quick shipping – it’ll be here by Christmas!)
- IFly Luggage – I have this luggage for myself and the kids and we love it! It’s lightweight, but durable. It comes in several size & color options and is easy to spot when picking up checked bags! Best of all, you can’t beat the price!
- I LOVE this leather backpack and use it everytime we travel! Fits my laptop and everything I need to carry on without being too bulky. And it’s stylish – I get comments on it everytime!
- Packing Cubes – These are perfect for your OCD travel junkie that likes everything to have it’s own place or for those who like to unpack when they get to a destination. They keep everything super organized and compact and make unpacking/packing back up a breeze!
- Travel Jewelry Case – Keep your jewelry organized with this 3 compartment travel case!
- How Cute is this passport wallet!?
- You know when you’re on the plane and just can’t get comfortable with your neck pillow? THIS is the solution! I love that you can reshape it!
- Kid’s Kindle Fire – We try to limit electronics when at home, but these things ARE AWESOME for trips and plane rides. They’re MUCH more affordable than ipad/other tablets and come with a kid proof case.
- How cool is this activity tray?! We usually pack the kids bags full of activities for the plane – puzzles, coloring stuff, small games, etc. – and it never fails that we are attempting to crawl under the plane seats to pick up colors or game/puzzle pieces. This is the perfect solution! Even a little cup holder for the drinks that get knocked off the airplane tray EVERY. DANG. TIME. Will definitely be packing these for the kids for our next trip.
- Luggage Scale – Anyone else over stuff their bag then frantically pull stuff out and shove it in their husband’s bag so they don’t have to pay for an oversized bag?! Well, now you can do all that at home before you go!
- Portable Charger – These are always so great to have in the airport/on planes!
Back to Cabo! (but really, can I just go back?!) We loved every minute of this trip and can’t wait for another trip to Mexico! Matt was already in Mexico for the Baja1000, so I packed up the kids and headed to Cabo San Lucas/San Jose del Cabo with the kids and our close friends then Matt met us when he was done with the race. Let me tell you – This place is SO DREAMY.
Accommodations: We rented a house on AirBnb and honestly, I was a little nervous about not being at a “resort,” especially with Matt not being there for the first bit of our trip…but y’all it was THE BEST DECISION. Hacienda Del Mar was beautiful and the host/property manager were incredible. I will put a link here so you can check out photos and such but honestly, it was more breathtaking than the pictures show!
The view was amazing and we woke up to the most beautiful sunrises every morning. The house was completely stocked with everything we needed and there was a really nice grocery store just around the corner. The neighborhood had a gorgeous private beach and the house was stocked with sand toys, chairs & umbrellas to make for a perfect day in the sand. The undertow made it to where the kids couldn’t get into the water, but they had a blast running from the waves, playing in the sand and exploring the tide pools.
Hacienda Del Mar is located between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas (about a 20 minute drive to Cabo San Lucas) and we LOVED it. It was so nice to be away from the super tourist area in Cabo San Lucas, but close enough to go in for a day. Overall, I would highly recommend Hacienda Del Mar – there is a good chance we will stay there again if/when we go back!
Activities: We had 3 full days to spend enjoying Cabo. The first day we stayed in the neighborhood, went to the beach and let the kids play in the pool. It was super nice and relaxing and such a good way to start the trip! Matt made it down from Ensenada late that night.
The second day we went down the road to Cabo Surf Hotel and Spa. It’s a beautiful little hotel, had a great restaurant and the kids were able to take surfing lessons! The instructors were super sweet and all 6 kids (ages 5-9) were up on a surf board, first try! We also rented a couple of boards for the adults to use, but unfortunately we didn’t do as well as the kids. Probabllyyyy should have taken lessons as well. Ha!
That evening we took the kids into Cabo San Lucas to The Office on The Beach – a really fun restaurant right on the water. Live music, good drinks and great food!
The third day we went on a catamaran trip from the marina in Cabo San Lucas. Our property manager suggested that we just go to the marina rather than booking online. She said she would be able to barter in person and she was RIGHT! We got an awesome deal on a private catamaran trip for the 10 of us. We made a quick trip to the famous arches, saw a few humpback whales and spent a little time snorkeling.
I think this was everyone’s favorite part of the trip. The catamaran was really cool and the kids LOVED seeing all the fish, whales and sea lions!
Andddd… then we were all sad when it was time to pack up and head home! Usually by the time it’s time to go home we are all ready, but we all wished we had a few more days! It was a great trip and we loved that the kids got to practice their Spanish speaking some. Definitely thinking about making this a pre-Thanksgiving tradition!